How we did it
The Movie | How we did it | Press Kit | Contact Us
- We wanted to make a movie in Butte, Montana
- We wrote an "Exquisite Corpse" style story set in Butte via e-mail. See the first page of the diary
- We made a trip to Butte, and while there started work on a Treatment (our film story written out like a short story). On this trip we also made a trailer (you can watch it as a streaming video from our Movie page.)
- We did more research by chasing some web links
- We transformed the treatment into a script . The script was written based on the traditional form of a silent film scenario
- We found actors and went out to Butte to make the movie. You may read all about it in our filmmaking diary
- I holed myself up in an edit suite and edited our twenty plus hours of video into a 98 minute feature over a period of about three months
- We held a sneak preview screening at Mayslack's bar in Minneapolis (December 8, 1999).
- We presented the film in Butte Montana at the Irish Times pub, March 15, 16 and 17, 2000.
- The movie debuted on ifilm.com in April 2000.
- I cut 10 minutes out of it, making it a slimmer 88 minutes, in July 2000.
- We had a gala screening in Butte on June 8, 2001 in the auditorium of Montana Tech.
- You will buy a copy so that we can pay our credit card bills.
Copyright ? 1999 John Akre
This page last updated 28 June 2001